As the Vice Principal of our prestigious school in Calabar, Nigeria, you will play a vital role in supporting the school’s mission and vision. Your primary responsibility will be to assist the Principal in overseeing the academic and administrative functions, promoting a positive learning environment, and ensuring the overall success of the school.
Collaborate with the Principal to develop and implement educational policies and programs that align with the school’s vision and curriculum standards. Oversee the academic performance of students and teachers, ensuring adherence to the curriculum and continuous improvement strategies. Monitor and analyze student achievement data to identify areas of improvement and implement necessary interventions.
Support and mentor teachers to enhance their instructional skills and professional development. Assist in conducting regular teacher evaluations and performance assessments. Promote a positive and supportive work environment that fosters teamwork and collaboration among the faculty.
Student Discipline and Welfare:
Maintain discipline within the school premises and enforce school policies to ensure a safe and respectful learning environment. Address student behavioral issues promptly and implement appropriate disciplinary actions as needed. Work closely with counselors and staff to provide guidance and support to students facing challenges.
Assist in the management of daily school operations, including schedules, facilities, and resources. Collaborate with administrative staff to ensure effective school administration, adherence to regulations, and smooth functioning of various departments.
Parent and Community Engagement:
Foster strong relationships with parents and the local community to create a supportive and involved school community. Attend parents teacher meetings, school events, and community gatherings to promote school initiatives and address concerns.
Support the planning and execution of school events, such as assemblies, extracurricular activities, and ceremonies. Participate in school events to engage with students, parents, and staff actively.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Education or a relevant field. A Master’s degree is highly desirable.
- At least 10years of experience in the education sector, with some years in an administrative or leadership role. Prior experience in a similar position or as a school vice principal will be an advantage.
- Possession of relevant teaching certifications and licenses is required.
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build positive relationships.
- A proactive approach to identifying and resolving challenges in an educational setting.
- In-depth knowledge of the Nigerian education system and curriculum.
Passion for Education:
- A genuine passion for education and a commitment to the success and well-being of students.